2013 Community Development Awards
MCCD and Twin Cities LISC are seeking nominations for the 2013 Community Development Awards. The 2013 Community Development Awards recognize the people, projects, organizations, initiatives, and programs that have substantially contributed to the field of community development in the Twin Cities Metropolitan Area by demonstrating innovation, collaboration, inspiration and vision. A committee will review and score the nominees to determine the winners for each of the six categories. The award recipients will be recognized during the “Art of Collaboration” Community Development Reception and Awards Program event on Wednesday, October 9th.
- Hall of Fame Inductee – An individual who has had an outstanding career and significant impact in the community.
- Emerging Leader – An outstanding early- or mid-career community development professional who is making a significant impact in the community.
- Community Builder – An outstanding community member or business owner whose professional or personal work in the community is having a significant impact.
- A real estate project that contributes significantly to the enhancement of the community.
- An organization that contributes significantly to the enhancement of the community.
Program or Initiative
- A program, initiative or process that exemplifies a collaborative and innovative approach to fulfilling a community vision.
- Please submit your nomination using the form linked above this paragraph. Once completed, send your form by email or to print it out and send it by fax (612-822-1489). Forms can also be mailed to Greg Gramza-MCCD; 3137 Chicago Avenue; Minneapolis, MN 55407.
- Nominations will be accepted until Friday, August 9, 2013.
- Self-nominations will be accepted.
- You may submit more than one nomination.
- Nominations may be posthumous recognition of a person’s accomplishments.